Last Updated: August 17, 2016
At Grace Church, your privacy is a top priority for us.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, store, disclose and de-identify your personal information.
The Types of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect include:
• Contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email, etc);
• Educational qualifications;
• Complaint details;
• Donation history
• Credit card and/or bank account details.
The types of sensitive information we collect include records of communication between us, which may include from time to time, information you provide us or we collect from others. This includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
• Professional and practice information;
• Health information;
• Religious information (including attendance, denominational details)
• Personal credit card data; and
• Any idiosyncratic or personal information we obtain from you or others about you.
Why we collect private information about you.
How we will use your Information
Grace Church is a not-profit organization that is dedicated to communicating the message of the Gospel throughout the world. This means we embark on a number of different ways to develop and implement Christian services into communities which are in need of a healthy, loving local church to reach out and be the hands and feet of Jesus and in the furtherance of the promotion of the Gospel. This would include implementing new church campuses and services, conferences, resource dissemination, further investing into our innovative kids and youth programs and being involved in our local and international aid initiatives to help people with acute needs from many different countries and cultures.
We collect information about people so as to allow us to communicate with them, introduce them to our organization, promote the Gospel to them, pray and provide other Christian services to them and inform them of the work we do.
We do not use the information in any way other than in the furtherance of our objects and purposes.
We might also use your information for the following purposes:
• For the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us (for example, to enable us to process your request, payment, registration, subscription, etc);
• To maintain contact with you about our work, to report to you about our work, or to encourage you to learn about what we do; and
• Any other purpose directly related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
We don’t rent, sell or exchange your information. The types of organizations to whom we normally disclose your personal information include those who help us administer our technology information systems.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations when handling your personal information.
If you don’t want your personal information disclosed to another organization, and your information has not been collected digitally where you have signed the privacy statement, please let us know either at the time we collect your information by other means or any later time. Sometimes we may be legally required to disclose your information, for example, to government departments.
We only use your personal and sensitive information for the reason we collect it as set out above and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law. We will not disclose the above information that we collect to affiliates or third parties without your consent.
We may also sometimes share non-personal, non-sensitive and de-identified information with research organizations.
How we Collect your Information
We may collect information from you either directly or from third parties. Information we collect from third parties may be by formal or informal means.
Where we collect information from third parties and it is not personal information that is contained in a Commonwealth record, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information as required by law.
We collect personal information about supporters, donors, volunteers, employees, contractors and visitors to our events. We collect your information in the following ways:
• Face to face contact;
• Electronically including through our website and online surveys;
• Via social media messages or conversation;
• During phone calls;
• Voice or image recordings;
• Whilst delivering and administering services at our facilities or other facilities; and from forms and other correspondence (both in writing and electronically).
When you visit this website a record of your visit is logged. The following data is supplied by your browser:
• Your IP address and/or domain name;
• Your operating system (type of browser and platform);
• The date, time and length of your visit to the website; and
• The resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
This information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purpose. If you do not want ‘cookies’ to be used please adjust your browser settings to disable them.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites, and third party websites may also have links to our website.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you link to from our website.
Let Us Know How We Are Doing
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our Website is a positive experience and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy practices, please let us know.